Saturday, September 2, 2017

NANNA NEEDS A GAT


In honor of my new best friend Snappsy The Alligator, I think we need a writing contest!Prize will be a copy of Snappy The Alligator (Did Not Ask To Be In This Book) which I love with all my cold little heart! (yes I bought two copies, one for me, and one for me you.)

The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story: snap, gator, ask, tie, iron
3. You must use the whole word, but that whole word can be part of a larger word. The letters for the prompt must appear in consecutive order. They cannot be backwards. Thus: iron/irony is ok but tie/tile is not
4. Post the entry in the comment column of THIS blog post.
5. One entry per person. If you need a mulligan (a do-over) erase your entry and post again.  It helps to work out your entry first, then post.
7. Titles count as part of the word count (you don't need a title)
11. You agree that your contest entry can remain posted on the blog for the life of the blog. In other words, you can't later ask me to delete the entry and any comments about the entry at a later date.
12. The stories must be self-contained. That is: do not include links or footnotes to explain any part of the story. Those extras will not be considered part of the story.


Contest opens: 9am, Saturday 9/2 ~~ Contest closes: 9am, Sunday 9/3


"Where’s your nanna?"
"She’s napping. Why?"
"She said she needed some muscle and asked for a gat or a tire iron. Tire iron’s too heavy, so I got her this Beretta Pico .380."
"Nanna said gat?"
"Yeah, she must love old movies."
"God, don’t give her a gun. She’s dangerous! We had to take her license and car away because she drinks."
“Hey, cutie, is that my heater?”
“Nanna, you don’t know how…”
“I ain’t no Dumb Dora.” She grabbed the gun. “It’s puny, but it’ll do.”
She pointed it at her grandson. “Now, sonny, about my car and license…”



UPDATE: I didn't make the 5 finalists, but I did make the long list! Winner(s) not yet determined.


.....






No comments:

Post a Comment